Wow, it’s finally here! It is so hard to believe that I’m getting married this weekend!
It feels like only yesterday, I posted our first blog marking the six month point. So, what have we been up to? It might be better to say, what we haven’t been up to in the last two weeks. We tied down our final numbers and payments with our vendors, created our timeline, all miscellaneous items have been purchased, gifts are wrapped and out-of-town bags are ready! I’ve always been of the mentality to do as much as you can as early as possible so you can really enjoy the week of your wedding, which is exactly what we did. All of our to-do items were checked off this weekend and it felt great. All that’s left (besides getting married) is to drop our out-of-town “bags” at the hotel and take all our items to the venue.
What should you be doing two weeks out until the big day? See our recommendations below:
- Purchase items for out-of-town bags. Make sure you contact your hotel to ensure your room count is up to date.
- Confirm final numbers with your florist, caterer, rental company, venue, baker and planner.
- Add or remove items from your linen order with updated guest count.
- Arrange final payments with all of your vendors.
- Finalize your timeline – both a detailed one as well as a brief version for the bridal party.
- Send your brief timeline to your bridal party and family ahead of time to ensure they’re aware of all necessary details. Bring extra copies to hand out the night of the rehearsal.
- Confirm your vendor arrival and/or delivery times.
- Finalize seating chart and be sure you have your plan down for your escort cards.
- Meet with your venue for your final walk-through.
- Wrap gifts for your bridal party, family and friends.
- Get marriage license.
- Pickup your wedding gown from your seamstress.
- Make sure your groom’s tux is in and ready for final fitting.
- Have your engagement ring cleaned or re-dipped, if necessary. We even recommend going ahead and having your wedding band soldered ahead of time.
- Deliver all items to your venue and/or church.
- Drop off out-of-town bags at the hotel.
- Make sure to get your manicure and pedicure!
- Send all final timelines to vendors.
- GET MARRIED and ENJOY!
The list is endless but hopefully this helps you with main areas. Wedding planning can be stressful and time consuming which is why we always recommend hiring a planner.
Even as a planner myself, it’s been tough. Luckily, I’ve had my business partners to lean on to help make sure details are not overlooked. Having them to bounce ideas off of and double-check items like contracts, timelines and rental orders, made my life easier and took some of the pressure off of me!
Enjoy the process because it’s a once in a lifetime occasion, besides you finally get to marry your best friend. That alone is amazing! So for now, this is a sign off as a “Friend”…the next time you hear from me I’ll be a “Mack.”
Thanks for following our journey and we can’t wait to share post-wedding reflections. Happy planning!