Happy Wedding Wednesday! We’ve checked more items off of our to-do list this week! One being my first dress fitting…yay!! Before putting on my wedding planner hat and providing some tips for your dress fitting, let me give you a little back story on one of our favorite bridal boutiques in the Dayton area.
How many of you have heard of Lillian’s in Kettering, Ohio? If you’re on the search for the perfect wedding gown, be sure to add Lillian’s to your stop. As planners, we’ve recommended several brides to check out their boutique. Lillian’s offers a private area, fully equipped with floor to ceiling mirrors, chandeliers that make your dress sparkle and plenty of room to have your entire crew! They’re great at making sure you have one consultant assigned just for you during your appointment. Lillian’s offers a wide variety of purchasing options as well whether you are ordering new or buying off the rack. Their price range varies and is comparable with other bridal boutiques. You can also find bridesmaids dresses, hair accessories and jewelry.
My parents actually came over for the weekend so not only did I have my dress fitting, but we got them taken care of too. When it comes time to have your wedding gown altered or really any dress, we recommend Bahar Omrani. Bahar’s Studio is located on the second floor at Lillian’s. She is great! Bahar works with you to make sure your dress fits you just right and makes you feel amazing on your special day. She also helped my mom with the alterations she needed for her spectacular dress.
Bahar also has a storefront, Bahar & Reza, located in downtown Oakwood where she creates custom gowns. They also do some amazing custom ties which can make the perfect gift for a groom and his groomsmen!
Dress Fitting Tips
When preparing for you dress fitting make sure you do the following:
• Typically, wedding gown fittings take 3 visits. We recommend starting your alterations two months prior to your wedding date.
• Call to make your appointment 2-3 weeks prior. You want to be sure you have ample time and can pick your desired date. If you can schedule your hair and/or make-up trial for the same day you can really get a sense of the total look.
• Prior to your first appointment, be sure to have all of your undergarments and shoes purchased and ready. This will help keep the alterations process running smooth…you don’t want to be missing a key element that could effect your fit.
• We also recommend bringing all of your accessories for at least one of the fittings. This will allow you to try all of your jewelry and hair pieces on before the big day. You want to be sure your look is just as you’ve envisioned.
• Ask about payments. Some seamstresses require an upfront deposit. If they do, make sure you ask how they prefer payment. Most only allow cash or check.
• Book your next appointment while you’re there! You know you’ll be going back at least two more times, why not make the appointment so you can block of your calendar ahead of time!
Hopefully this has helped! Happy planning and stay tuned for next week’s updates, tips and tricks!